T. W. Ogg Elementary

T. W. Ogg Elementary
T. W. Ogg Elementary School

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Thing #16

After this lesson, I feel much more comfortable about wikis. I have a wiki in Wikispace but have not used it much. I just couldn't wrap my head around how to implement it in my classroom. I am going to be more bold and experiment with it this year. I would love to have a book discussion or use it to get ideas from the students on what they feel is relevant to their education. We need to do some exploring together. This is the year for exploration. I think we could probably use it for vocabulary also with each student adding a word and definition to the list. It could be my new word wall instead of the bulletin board on the wall. The ideas are flowing now. Wiki just might find its way into my classroom this year.

1 comment:

  1. I think wikis are a very useful tool to use in the classroom. I tried it with one of my language arts classes since I was not really comfortable with using a blog with students at the time. It worked well as a place for them to electronically post to a topic or assignment.

    I also want to create a wiki for use with fellow librarians or teachers as a resource of iTouch apps. The biggest obstacle is actually getting teachers in the habit of accessing it!

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete