T. W. Ogg Elementary

T. W. Ogg Elementary
T. W. Ogg Elementary School

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Thing #12

The two points made that I think are most important are 1) watch out for and don't be a Darth Commenter (coolcatteacher) and make it easy to post comments (problogger). Both of these bloggers made other very important points, but these were the two that stuck out for me. I would certainly hate to think that I offended anyone with comments I've made, and so I would hate to be offended by someone else's comments (Golden Rule). I believe that you can disagree in a civil manner. Besides, ranting just makes people turn you off. If you truly have a valid point to make, no one is going to listen or respect your comments if you are rude and hateful about it. And I so love that problogger said to make commenting easy by not making the commenter login. Many of the sites that we have had to explore in 23 Things have asked you to login to be able to use the tools. That just means coming up with another username and another password. I just want to go to the site, use the tool or make a comment when blogging, and then go on about my business. Thank you problogger!

More later when I come back to this post.

I posted on a blog Edible Crafts. I'm not sure I did so successfully or not. I had to give my name and e-mail address (not published) which I did. I then wrote my comment and hit the submit button. It told me my comment was awaiting moderation. I don't know if that means they will review it before posting it or that I was supposed to do something that I forgot to do. Oh well. It is an interesting blog to me because I am an amateur cake decorator. I like to know what other people are doing in the cake decorating world. I also commented on Cool Cat Teacher. She wrote today about not "decking the hands." She was talking about how sometimes we criticize or lay blame unnecessarily and lose our workers, if not physically then psychologically. Very wise words.

1 comment:

  1. Bron-wyn, I am commenting on your blog for practice. Hope I do it correctly!

    Another thing that's important when commenting is to make sure your comments have meaning. I really liked the caution about saying, "Right on," and, "I agree." Give your comment some substance and tell WHY you agree or disagree. That really rang true with me!

    ReplyDelete