T. W. Ogg Elementary

T. W. Ogg Elementary
T. W. Ogg Elementary School

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

thing #7

I played with Google docs and Google Scholar. I chose Google docs because my team for the final presentation asked if I used it. They wanted to use it to share the information we are collecting for our presentation. I had not used it yet, so I thought I better get on board. I like that I can save information here and share it with my group. This is perfect for collaborative projects for our students. They can access it via the internet which makes it easier for them to work on projects from home as well as while they are at school. I also checked out Google Scholar. What I like about this is that it searches more scholarly material, similar to subscription online databases. I don't like to send students out into the world wide web without direction, and sometimes that what it is like for them when they use the regular search engines. If we can give them more direction and narrow their searches, they will produce better products. I think Google Scholar help achieve this goal.

Bron-wyn

1 comment:

  1. Google Docs is a great tool for online document sharing. I have used it for "storage" of my own documents (uploading a document to it instead of saving to a flash drive or such). It was my first time using it with others for the LLLS 6336 Midterm Presentations and as long as everyone has a gmail it works out great.

    ReplyDelete